Ashford Book of Dyeing - Ann Milner
This product is currently sold out.
By Ann Milner
This comprehensive textbook includes detailed explanations of dyes and recipes for their use including natural and chemical dyes, dye baths and cold pad and percentage dyeing. Colour theory is explained and six projects demonstrate a range of techniques. Whether you are a spinner, weaver, knitter or textile artist, novice or more advanced in your craft, there will be something in this book to extend your ideas.
Chapters1. Getting Started
2. Natural Dyeing
3. Using Chemical Dyes
4. Chemical Dye Baths for Protein Fibres
5. Chemical Dye Baths for Cellulose Dyes
6. Direct Application of Chemical Dyes
7. Creative Dyeing Techniques
8. Prepared Liquid Dyes for Silk
9. Dyeing Synthetic Fibres
10. Dyeing with a Microwave Oven